Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies for every chocolate cookie lover!
Things go a little slower now that I have children. They are my first priority. But, I’ve been dreaming of this cookie since before Hayden was born. That’s over a year! Finally, Liam and I got into the kitchen and made this cookie come to life! He was even my hand model…and taste tester.
Do yourself a favor and make these cookies. They will make your taste testers eyes pop wide open with joy!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon nutella per cookie (11 cookies)
- In a mixer or bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, scoop nutella by the teaspoon full onto a parchment or foil covered baking sheet. Freeze until ready to stuff your cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Scoop your dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Flatten the balls and place one frozen ball of nutella in the middle and wrap with the cookie dough. Place 2 inches apart on parchment covered baking sheets. Bake for 15-19 minutes or until the edges are just light brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Servings: 10-11 cookies