Whole Wheat Lemon Sugar Cookies are thick and chewy, but leave you longing for spring!
These cookies are glittered with lemon zest and bursting with lemon flavor. I made these and a batch of chocolate chip cookies on the same day and after trying both cookies, my 3 year old son, Liam, only wanted these Lemon Sugar Cookies. I can’t blame him (even though the chocoholic mama in me was like, WhAt?!). They’re amazing!
Buy some lemons and make these cookies!
Whole Wheat Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer or bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roll your dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment covered baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are just light brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Servings: 13 large cookies
Making these right now!!! these looks so amazing. thanks for the recipe.
Tried this recipe some time back. it turned out delicious. Thanks for sharing .
I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for letting me know Akki!
I have come across your sugar cookies recently and never tried cookies with lemon flavor in it…Shall try this soon and give my feedback…Love the idea of making these sugary cookies with whole wheat…
Awesome recipe luks simply delicious will try soon. I m a big fan of urs I have tried many of your recipes and came out really well. thanks.