Green Goddess Pasta is a vegetarian gluten-free delight, perfect for a summertime meal!
With summer today marking the first day of summer (and boy do we feel it here in South Carolina!), the summer produce has been exquisite! I can’t get enough sweet and juicy fruits and crisp and flavorful vegetables. You should see the size of the basil in my herb garden already. It’s nuts!
Lately, I’ve been on a spiralizer kick, too. My children are wild about anything in the shape of a noodle, so I’ll take any chance to squeeze an extra vegetable in them via the spiralizer. We do a lot of zucchini noodles around here! Here’s just another quick weeknight meal that we’ve been loving lately…all four of us! Woot!
Green Goddess Pasta
- 2-3 medium-large zucchini
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- (optional) red pepper flakes
- (optional) parmesan cheese
- Using a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles, cutting them into 4 inch long noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until the onion is tender. Add in remaining ingredients and zucchini noodles. Sauté until the zucchini noodles are al denté (or more tender for little ones at the table).
- Serve with red pepper flakes and/or parmesan cheese.