Since our son was completely obsessed with Mickey Mouse, I decided to create a modern Mickey Mouse birthday party! He and his friends loved the tasty Mickey inspired treats!
I decided to go with modern decor by cutting out red, black and yellow Mickey Mouse silhouettes for a banner, black Mickey Mouse silhouettes confetti and using red, black and yellow balloons around the house. The rest was showcasing the delicious sweet treats!
What was on the dessert table?
- Mickey Mouse Cake Pops – Stick an oreo half dipped in melted red chocolate candy melts on a cake pop stick. Put two halves of a mini oreo on top as ears and two white chocolate dots as buttons.
- Chocolate Mickey Mouse Cupcakes – Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting and two horizon world cookies on top (turned backwards).
- Red, Black and Yellow sixlets layered in a bowl.
- Mickey Mouse Popcorn – Spread a pre-popped bag of popcorn on a baking sheet, drizzle melted white chocolate on top and immediately sprinkle brown, yellow and red m&ms on top. Allow the chocolate to harden before breaking up and displaying in a bowl
Other fun party things:
- Bucket of summer toys party favor – Added a Mickey flare with a silhouette cut out Mickey Mouse label on it.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse photo booth – Set up a white sheet with a camera and lots of fun dress up accessories.
- Indoor ball pool – It was raining during the first half of Liam’s party, so we filled out a brand new pool inside and filled it with plastic balls.
- Outdoor pool – When the rain stopped we moved the pool outdoors and let the kids swim!
I hope you enjoy our modern Mickey Mouse birthday party!
This is SO adorable! MY L loves Mickey, too, so I’m saving this for future ideas:-)
Adorable! That last picture cracks me up – I didn’t realize how well Liam and Hannah are color-coordinated 😀 PS – I still remember how delicious all of those treats were! That popcorn is amazing.