I had the chance to go to Chicago for 48 hours this year. Since I didn’t have a lot of play time, I made it my mission to go on a donut hunt. It was a Saturday morning at around 10am, which I thought would give these donut shops a good run for their money, as that is probably their most popular time of the week. I walked all over the city and tried three of the most popular donut shops in Chicago and here’s what I thought of them.
Glazed and Infused
- Absolutely no line.
- Extremely nice customer service.
- It was not an overwhelming selection – there were about 10 donuts to choose from.
- There was seating.
- And most importantly, it was DELICIOUS! I had the daily special, which was chocolate glazed with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and mini m&ms. So good.
- Go here.
- Very small (8 square feet for customers).
- No line.
- It was hard to understand the cashier with his foreign accent
- They had a pretty good selection with 15-20 donut types.
- Absolutely no seating and no covered place to stand outside.
- I got a plain original glazed and it was amazing and the size of my head. Think giant Krispy Kreme.
- Go here for take out.
- There was a long line – I waited 30-45 minutes in the freezing cold rain.
- Inside was very small and there was no display of donuts or menu.
- There was only one person helping everyone
- The assortment was about 5 donuts
- I got the ginger stack – it was just okay. It reminded me of something I could have gotten at dunkin’ donuts, for a lot cheaper and no line.
- Don’t go here.
So that’s that! Have you been to Chicago? What donut shops am I missing?