Our third child is due any day now, but that doesn’t stop me from getting in the kitchen to prepare a little Valentine’s Day breakfast for my boys! They literally take me 15 minutes to make. Five minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of baking and you’ve got yourself six fabulous donuts!
For even faster breakfast prep, top them with melted chocolate or store-bought frosting.
And don’t forget to add a touch of sprinkles!
I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine’s Day!
15 Minute Valentine’s Day Donuts
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pink candy melts (you could also use canned frosting to top them)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 6 donut mold with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder together.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, egg, yogurt, milk, butter and vanilla extract together until fully combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a plastic bag or pastry bag, pipe the batter into the prepared donut mold.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the donuts to cool for 2 minutes in the pan. Then flip out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the pink white chocolate, according to the packaged instructions.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the donuts and add sprinkles!
Servings: 6 donuts
so cute ! so delicious to eat!