- Date: May 17th, 2017
- Height: 24 inches
- Weight: 12 lbs 5 oz
- Sleeping Pattern: Blaire is doing really well considering we keep her awake almost all morning long. We just transferred her to a convertible car seat since she hated the infant car seat so much. She’s still hating it, but it means that if…and I mean, if…she falls asleep in the car, I have to wake her. Well, with all of our craziness that happens in the morning with taking Liam to school, picking him up and running errands, she ends up falling asleep just as we get to our destination and I have to wake her to transfer her to either her bedroom or to a baby carrier (I’ve been using the Solly Wrap, but she’s liking the Ergo more these days). Because of all of this, she gets little tiny cat naps from 8am-1pm, then goes down for a good solid nap at 1:30pm (usually around 3 hours). Then, she takes one more short nap before bed and goes down around 9pm, after nursing to sleep for an hour. Bad habit, but I’m loving the cuddles! At night, she’s waking 1-2 times during the 12 hour night.
- Eating Habits: She’s still exclusively breastfed…the longest exclusively breastfed baby I’ve had! She’s so patient, but I can tell she’s starting to get more distracted. During the day, she drinks every 2-3 hours and at night she’ll go 4-6 hours. We’re going on our first date in the next month, so little Blaire is going to have to take a bottle. This should be interesting!
- Development: She’s starting to have better hand coordination, allowing her to suck on her thumb for comfort in the car seat. This is a blessing and I hope it continues! Blaire is also able to recognize her family more. She gives us instant smiles when she sees us!
- Mischief: She’s starting to spit up more often and drooling a lot! I blame her desire of sitting up that is the culprit of the spit ups, but her tongue seems to never stop pushing the drool out of her mouth!
- Cuteness: Her smiles and constant observations are just darling. She loves being held, which we all love!
- Talking: She’s still cooing and just started to laugh and give us a sigh to say hello.
- Favorites: Blaire prefers now to sit up straight in our laps. If you try to let her lean back on you, she doesn’t like it. This little girl has a strong head and excellent head support. She is madly in love with her brothers and loves to watch them. Mama is also a favorite still. More likely than not, when someone else holds her she cries, but as soon as I hold her she’s perfectly fine. Silly girl.
- Firsts: She gave us a little laugh last week, at 11 weeks old!
- Concerns: Last month I developed shingles and we were anxiously waiting to see if Blaire caught chicken pox from it, but it looks like she’s in the clear. Yay! We’re still massaging her tear ducts since they are still plugged in her left eye. We put her back on a antibiotic ointment for her eye two weeks ago and it helped get rid of the green gunk, but two days after we stopped it, the gunk came back. The doctor put her on a drop and we’re on day 6 of that. It seems to have gotten rid of it again, so we’ll see if it lasts after we end these drops.
- A Day in the Life: This month, Blaire is going to bed around 8-9pm. Occasionally it’ll be 10-11pm, but those are rare any more. I still nurse her to sleep. She’ll then wake up 1-2 times during the night for a feeding. Her longest stretch thus far has been 7 hours (and she probably would have done longer, but I was about to explode so I woke her to feed her)!!! She’ll wake for the day around 8am and stay awake (with 1-2 cat naps…10-15 minutes) until 1pm when we get home from school. She then sleeps for a good long while, around 3 hours. Then we play some more, taking car of her brothers and making dinner until she takes one last 45 minute nap before bedtime. I start feeding her around 7pm for an hour before I lay her down for the night.
ahhh she is the CUTEST